Do you have 2010 and 2011 babies who will be going to primary one in 2017 and 2018 respectively when they turn 7? Below is the information you may need which will help you to complete the registration process smoothly.
Information below is more applicable for schools in Selangor, which require parents to first complete the online registration.
The 2017/2018 Primary One Registration Exercise will be conducted in March - April 2016. You can start registering online on 1 March 2016 at this link: https://public.moe.gov.my/
Kids who will be attending primary 1 in 2017 are those borne in between 2 January 2010 and 1 January 2011.
Kids who will be attending primary 1 in 2018 are those borne in between 2 January 2011 and 1 January 2012.
Once you have completed the online registration, you have to bring the below documents to the school of your choice:
1) 2 printed copies of the completed online registration form
2) Original birth certificate of your child
3) 1 copy of the birth cerfitificate of your child
4) 1 copy each of the IC of parents or guardians
5) 1 copy of the marriage or divorce certificate of parents
6) Original and LATEST electric or water bill OR assessment bill (bil cukai pintu)
7) Original and 1 copy of tenancy agreement if you are renting your current place
8) A white and RM0.60 stamped envelope. Envelope size: 4" x 9" (My daughter's school issues a notice that you do not need to write your address on the envelope), please confirm with the school of your choice on this when submitting the documents.
Update: Link of Schools Under Petaling Perdana.
Update 2:Link of Schools Under Petaling Utama.
Hope the above info helps! Please feel free to drop me a comment if you have any questions regarding the registration process, I'll try best to advise or share my experiences. :)